College is a life-changing experience. The transition from being a student to becoming a music professional is fraught with uncertainty. To help this transition, Berklee in Valencia has created the International Career Center, the first career center of its kind within the music industry.
We invite you to learn more about how the International Career Center can help you to achieve your music career goals.
The International Career Center staff provides one-on-one career guidance to help students:
- Explore music career options
- Develop clear future goals
- Support the self-assessment process
- Clarify the interest inventory and values
- Develop CVs, cover letter, press kit, and portfolios
- Use the internet for career visibility
- Create personal brand and self-promote
- Develop performance booking strategies
- Delineate job search strategies
- Perform mock interviews and negotiation strategies
- Relocate to a new city
- Deliver music marketing and promotional tips
- Make an entrepreneurial business plan
Career Seminars and Workshops
Every fall and spring semester the International Career Center hosts several programs and events aimed at promoting the advancement of careers in music, including presentations from industry professionals, and workshops on resume and portfolio preparation, interview strategies, publicity and promotion, networking, and much more.
The International Career Center Library has a myriad of online resources prepared to help students support their job search process. Resources include online periodicals, subscription-based reference directories, and materials created by the International Career Center, to name a few.